[Lilug-dev-sig] Dev-Sig this coming Thursday, 11/20 @ 8pm - Borders in Farmingdale

Mark Drago markdrago at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:31:47 PST 2008

Hello,

The Lilug Dev-Sig is moving its meeting location to the Borders in
Farmingdale.  Our next meeting is Thursday, November 20th @ 8pm.  We
have a few topic ideas for the meeting and I figure we'll have a big
discussion about all of them.

The impact of multiple-cored CPUs on development.
How many virtual machines (Java VM, Python VM, Perl VM, Mono, etc.) do
we really need / can we handle?
Programming with load-balancing in mind.
What does the open-sourcing of Java mean for Linux?
What's the story with the G-1 phone from Google?
Any other ideas that we happen to come up with ...

I've been doing some research in to load-balancing for my December
Lilug presentation, so I can present about that for a bit.

Mark.