[Lilug-dev-sig] Dev-Sig is moving!

Mark Drago markdrago at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:36:57 PDT 2008

Hello,

So, due to the fact that I've had to cancel two Dev-Sigs since I
haven't been able to make the meetings and they're held at Bascom as
well as trying to make the meeting location more centrally located, I
propose that we move the Dev-Sig meetings to the Borders book store in
Farmingdale.  This is where Si-Sig holds their meetings and it seems
to work really well for them.  I hope this works for everyone who
would like to attend.

The next dev-sig meeting is planned for November 20th.  I've been
trying to think of interesting meeting topics for us to discuss.
Here's what I've come up with, let me know what you guys think.

The impact of multiple-cored CPUs on development.
How many virtual machines (Java VM, Python VM, Perl VM, Mono, etc.) do
we really need / can we handle?
Programming with load-balancing in mind.
What does the open-sourcing of Java mean for Linux?
Any other ideas that we happen to come up with ...

Share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mark.