[Lilug-dev-sig] Dev-Sig Meeting Tonight @ 8pm

Mark Drago markdrago at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:42:23 PST 2009

Hello,

Another third Thursday, and another dev-sig.  We'll be meeting up
tonight, 1/15, at 8pm at the Borders in Farmingdale.  The meetings
are very casual, we all sit around a table in the coffee area and talk
about developing on Linux.

I've been going through a Subversion-to-Git migration and I could talk
a bit about why and how I'm going about it.

A few topics that spilled over from last month are these:

The impact of multiple-cored CPUs on development.
How many virtual machines (Java VM, Python VM, Perl VM, Mono, etc.) do
we really need / can we handle?
Programming with load-balancing in mind.
What does the open-sourcing of Java mean for Linux?

We'll also probably discuss if there's a better place that we could
meet that is more convenient for everyone.

The meetings are programming language agnostic.  Of course we'll talk
about programming languages and different constructs from them, etc.
But, it's really an open discussion about development, not necessarily
about java development, python development, ruby development, etc.
Everyone is welcome (even if you've never been to Lilug or Dev-Sig at all).

So, brave the cold with me and come down to Borders at 8pm.

See you there,
Mark.