[Lilug-dev-sig] Source for what i'm working on (tetris/android)

robwilkens at gmail.com robwilkens at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 15:21:23 PST 2010

If anyone wants to see what I’m working on, I’ve posted the source on my website in the event that during the meeting someone wants to view or download it...  It’s about 2 days work, I didn’t do much of anything with it today, it was the prior 2 days.  I figured I’d leave it in a working state for the meeting, because as I modify it I tend to break it for short periods at a time before I fix it again.

http://robssoftwareprojects.com/?p=38

It doesn’t do levels, scoring, only has one piece that moves and rotates, but it does delete when you fill a row.  Rotations aren’t ‘perfect’ could be done better but I was kind of lazy at first.  I’d like to do what I did back in 1996 and create an online high score thing, but I know people with cell phones running this may be out of network range and this may be problematic, if I did high scores I’d like to encrypt it and send it to a php script on the server – I’ve done this between java and php (talk securely that is).

I uploaded this to the server in advance because tonight on channel 4 news (I think it was LX new york, or what my dad jokingly calls the ‘happy news’) they said not to transmit passwords in clear text over a public wifi network, and my web server just does plain ftp which uses plaintext.  I figured uploading in advance would solve this issue.  BTW, if only 4 people at the group, and if I have a 4g signal, I can create a private wifi network for us to connect to using my phone – the phone only supports 4 connections to it over wifi though.

-Rob