[Lilug-dev-sig] Android and Linux

robwilkens at gmail.com robwilkens at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 07:18:52 PST 2010

Wanted to reply before I forgot-- I've been browsing the slides and am
finding them interesting, Thanks for sharing them.  I know I could probably
figure out this same information by reading the documentation, but the
slides seem to be easier/quicker and more of an outline covering a lot in a
little space which I appreciate someone taking the time to do.

One major issue I have so far is I haven't figured out a way to force a
repaint 'now' rather than waiting for an invalidate to be auto-updated at
the phones convenience (as the documentation says an invalidate will cause
an update 'at some point in the future').  I might have to try messing with
OpenGL ES 2.0 which might not be the worst thing anyway because I have an
iPod and and iPad which also use OpenGL ES 2.0 and I guess I should learn
how to program with it anyway (yes, I bought a MacMini with the express
purpose of learning how to program for the iPad, but have done minimal work,
though some with opengl es 2.0 on that front).

-Rob
(Apology for replying at top, but my e-mail program doesn't ">" indent so
this makes sense)