[Lilug] A (gasp!) wish it were like windows question!

Mark Drago markdrago at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 09:17:24 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:29, Kenneth Downs <ken at secdat.com> wrote:
> So I've got a monster machine I bought a few months ago and have completely
> forgotten what I put it into it.  Dual core?  CPU Speed? RAM?
>
> Suddenly I'm wishing for Windows "Computer Management" to just look at the
> hardware in one place.
>
> Ubuntu does not seem to have a unified GUI tool that shows the output of
> lscpi and others.  Is there one out there?

The system monitor will probably give you the information you're
looking for.  It includes CPU information, memory and drive space
available.  Clicking on the file systems tab will give more
information about hard drive space.

You can access it by clicking System >> Administration >> System Monitor.

Running 'sudo lshw | less' will give you a stupid amount of
information about pci cards, usb, network cards, motherboard, cpu,
memory slots, etc.

Mark.