[Lilug] Quick question about find tar, and netcat

~ ~ hydratek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 21:04:18 PST 2009

Thank you gentleman for both your suggestions. I finally got it working as
such:

sender:
find . -name \*.mp3 -print0 | xargs -0 tar -czvf - | netcat 10.0.0.1 1234

receiver:
nc -l -p 1234 -q10  | pv -b > MP3.tgz

 the -q will stop listening when it received EOF from netcat pipe. and the
pv -b gives me a idea of how much has been sent through the pipe.
-kupo