[Lilug] fosscon 2010 in just 4 days (Rochester NY)

jonathan at jdsnetwork.com jonathan at jdsnetwork.com
Tue Jun 15 14:24:22 PDT 2010

In just 4 days Fosscon 2010 will take place at Rochester Institute of
Technology in Rochester, NY.

I wanted to take the opportunity to invite you there as well, I've met a few
of you before, explored the terrifying jungles of NJ, and lived to tell
about it after all.

There will be 14 talks and 4 workshops on various topics relevant to Free
and Open Source software, including using it in business, in the home, and
in education.

Some of the talks include:

The POSSE Panel: a group of educators sharing what they learned about
teaching open source.

Making the Most of Communities: Bryan Ostergaard Learning how to fish: A
self-help guide to finding Linux help on the internet: Jorge O Castro Linux
in Business: Karlie Robinson Resume Workshop (Brush up on your Job seeking
skills): RIT staff.

And lots more.

For more info see http://fosscon.org. Speakers list is at
http://fosscon.org/speakers, and you can register at
http://fosscon.org/register/.

The event registration is $30 but I'm happy to pass on a discount code for
the fine folks of New York state, "empirestate" to take a little bit off.

Thanks folks,

Jonathan D. Simpson

FOSSCON coordinator

484-928-0536