[Lilug] Wacom tablets that behave well under Linux?

Will Riley will at psychdesigns.net
Mon Jun 21 20:54:51 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm using Ubuntu, and I'm thinking about getting a Wacom tablet. I was
thinking about getting the Wacom Bamboo tablet, but I was reading that some
people had to compile drivers in order to get it working, which I rather
not do if possible (mostly because I don't want to be surprised to find
that something broke every 6 months when I update to a new version of
Ubuntu). Are there any decent tablets out there that work well, but work
out of the box?

Thanks.