[Lilug] Git question, resetting my HEAD to the "main" HEAD

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 08:36:31 PDT 2010

Hey folks,

Some specifics. I've been contributing to mongo, and a patch I submitted was
rejected because it could not be cleanly applied. Since I've been doing a
lot of pushing an pulling, I wanted to reset my "HEAD" to their "HEAD"

Their head: git://github.com/mongodb/mongo.git Which is referred to as 10gen
in my .git/config

My Head: a local copy of git at github.com:zippy1981/mongo.git

So What I'd like to end up with is a tag/branch of master thats where I am
now, and my new master to be an exact copy of 10gen's master. Then I would
reapply my 1 line change and make a push request.

Any help appreciated.

Justin