[Lilug] MySQL crash and burn (corruption) and trying to recover innodb

Mike A. Leonetti mikealeonetti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 17:00:12 PDT 2010

(2010年06月18日 15:22), dotCOMmie (Ilya S.) wrote:
> On 06/16/2010 05:05 PM, Mike A. Leonetti wrote:
>
>> The MySQL database became corrupt after an unexpected power off. The
>> backups are impossible, and all I have to work with is the 39 GB
>> database. MySQL is always crashing in the same spot when I tried to
>> export with innodb_force_recovery with the values of 4 to 6. I then
>> tried using both the google innodb-tools and the innoinfo by Steve
>> Hardy. The innodb-tools doesn't really export much and the innodbinfo
>> utility gives me:

> You know, I'm not appreciating this. Your luck just rubbed of on me! d:
>
> Basically same thing server lost power and DB wouldn't start with similar output
> but not exactly the same.Innodb_force_recovery only started with 6, was able to
> dump the data with dumpsql --all-databases and importing now. We'll see how much
> of the data is retained. Granted I only really care about a <1MB table out of
> 1.5GB dump so I think I'll be OK.
>
> Lesson: 15 min to setup a backup can save you 1/2 a day if not more.
>
> Have you made any progress with your database?
>
> regards.

Unfortunately, no. It's too corrupt for even that. It crashes mysql. The
backups do the same thing. I submitted it to a company that uses this
tool: http://code.google.com/p/innodb-tools/ to fix it. They said they
have to change the program around first before they can recover any data
so they are charging me a lot of money to modify the code. Maybe they'll
post the results back on the google project and everybody can benefit
from it :D.