[Lilug] Dia diagram editor demo tonight at LILUG

odinson odinson at warcloud.net
Tue May 10 10:11:28 PDT 2016

Hi all

 	Looks like I'm doing a dia demo after all tonight.   Just blasted
through the manual and I'm pretty happy.  This is a space I understand.

 	This is a great intro talk if you are new to Linux or even mildly
interested in open source software, as Dia runs well on all platforms.
Also if you've ever been asked to accomplish somthing stupid or impossible
at  work, a good diagram is a great way to express concepts across all
user levels.

 	Please come tonight and bring a newbie friend.  Pass this
email along.  Also bring a laptop (with any modern OS) and follow along if
you like.  The app is easy to install.

 	LILUG starts at 8pm at the CSHL Woodbury campus and gates close at
8:30.  Attendance is free and open to all.

 	500 Sunnyside Boulevard
 	Woodbury, NY 11797

 	See you there.

Matt

------

Matthew Newhall, M.A.Newhall at warcloud.net
A.S. in Computer Science, SUNY Farmingdale
President and founder of LILUG;  president at lilug.org, http://www.lilug.org
My theory; Psychopaths precede the conscience, http://civgene.matthewnewhall.com
My maker blog; "The modness", http://themodness.wordpress.com
Scifi book; "Thicker Than Blood"  http://www.thickerthanbloodthebook.com
Giselle's husband, Sebastian and Maxximus's father.
http://www.warcloud.net/~odinson/us/
Monogamy, AIDS, and drug policy slow population growth to a crawl.
Intellectual property slows science and culture to a crawl.
Operating system features slow computers to a crawl.
Suburbia and taxes slow industry to a crawl.

Only babies and slaves crawl that much.  If you think I act like a baby,
consider the alternative.