[Lilug] Question about Linux the last 5 years

Robert Wilkens robwilkens42 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:32:54 PDT 2016

Thanks for all replies, i will try booting ubuntu cd in uefi when i do it.
If the linus middle finger referred to his interraction with me around 2000
to 2002, eh.. whatever.. i am dealing with sinus headaches for 20 years now
and am sure that fed into my misbehavior, i am hopefully treating those for
good on nov. 1 with a balloon sinuplasty..  then I'll be back to not giving
a...

On Oct 13, 2016 9:59 AM, "Brett Viren" <brett.viren at gmail.com> wrote:

Justin Dearing <zippy1981 at gmail.com> writes:

> Modern Ubuntu supports UEFI boot. I've dual booted personal and work
> laptops with secure boot enabled and it just worked.

It can cause problems to load some kernel modules:

  http://askubuntu.com/questions/765509/login-broken-
after-15-10-16-04-lts-upgrade-related-to-nvidia-driver

More on this story involves Linus's famous middle finger.

-Brett.