[Lilug] Unrelated Question

Robert Wilkens robwilkens42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:06:35 PDT 2017

On this mailing list a few months ago (??) there was discussion of DNA and
Crispr and all that.

I finally got curious enough to buy a DNA test kit, but i didn't do
anything with it yet (didn't get it yet).  Thanks to this list i learned
there are places you can upload your raw DNA data file to for analysis, one
i found was something called promethease i think.

In the 'sample results' (again, i don't have mine yet) -- one single result
(gene) found showed a likelihood for autism, schizophrenia, and chronic
sinusitis, and i deal - daily - with some level of all three.  I am
expecting a similar genetic result in that department.  I am curious if i
am right.

I think someone mentioned some kind of "open source" DNA analysis?  If
there is can you mention what it was called?  I will then put it 2-3 months
ahead on my calendar to then remind me to find and try it once i have
results, hopefully something compatible with ancestry's file format (? is
it different?).

I am OK to run software comptaible with Linux, Android, or Windows.

-Rob

---
Sent from Tablet