[Lilug] What is the perfect meeting topic?

Robert Wilkens robwilkens42 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:03:21 PDT 2017

I don't think you're asking me..  The only reason i don't come to meetings
is -- well, I've got personal issues in my life which often interfere
(Let's just say i get bad headaches, but I've almost got them under
control, only 1 of last 14 days i had minor issues)

However, of the topics you mentioned:

-Git: I've used it, but not often/recent anyway...  It's a good tools for
source management and downloading remote code and such.

-Chef: Don't know anything about it, never heard of it - Probably a good
topic

-Chrome: i'd like to think by now most people are comfortable with what is
probably the most common browser in the world however there are always the
possibility of features we don't all know about or use day to day.  For
example, just yesterday i discovered chrome remote desktop.

-Jenkins: Again, never heard of, that probably reflects negatively on me,
and maybe would be interesting topic to me

-Android development-- I'm no expert, but i am a mentor in the android MOOC
"Build Your First Android App (Project Centerred Course)"

-Raspberry Pi - I've seen a lot about it the last few years but i never
really had an interest.  I think that's more for hardware tinkerers and i'm
more interested in software (if anything).

-Gnome- I've lost touch with linux desktops, this might be interesting

-System tuning-- maybe

-3d printer- never used one, it's one of those things i'm glad exists but
might never use

-Systemd - not sure

-Skynet - Probably a good talk, but real? :-)

---
Sent from Tablet