[Lilug] Recommendation for Wordpress Hosting Provider

iN8sWoRld.net nate at in8sworld.net
Fri Dec 21 03:31:30 PST 2018

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 1:53 AM Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> I personally use HardyPress, <...snip...> Sample page from my site hosted
> there:
> https://announce.asheesh.org/2018/04/beaches-goodbyes-and-surprises/

Wow, what an incredible almost stream-of-conscious post.
The .Tel story was hilarious - I had never heard about that.
I want to know more about why you thought you were being "judged" for
enjoying a hike in a scenic area?  Perhaps that isnt a story for this
thread but as follow up on your blog would be more appropriate though.
Thanks for sharing.

Back on topic: I used something called bloxsom for some time - what I liked
about it was that I could just pen a bunch of text files arranged by folder
and the (single) perl script would arrange them into a blog for me.  It had
its limitations of course, but it was fast and I could just rsync my text
file directories up to the live site.  The dates on the posts were from the
file though so you could easily screw that all up.

Earlier this year I moved my blog out of a self hosted wordpress to pico
which is a flat file php system.
I blogged about it here:
https://www.in8sworld.net/blog/2018-03-04-moving_to_picocms
or if you just want to check out the project its here:
http://picocms.org/

Yes, I realize the original question was about wordpress specifically, but
I think this should get a pass since its about why I no longer use
Wordpress ;)

Nate
--
iN8sWoRLd