[Lilug] Good 10GBASE-T NICs?

John Cholewa jcholewa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:15:50 PST 2018

After my employer sort of de facto downgraded our research network
from gigabit to 100M a couple years ago, I'm leapfrogging up to 10
Gigabit ethernet this year.  Doubtless, my users will enjoy the
benefits of a 9900% increase in file transfer speed.

But I'm a little in the dark about driver support.  So far, the PCIe
x*cards I've looked at either mention nothing or have an external
driver requirement.  What's a good resource out there for figuring out
which network cards are the most Linux-friendly?  And if anybody has
specific cards they're like to mention, that's great as well.