[Lilug] Ham Radio

iN8sWoRld.net nate at in8sworld.net
Wed Jun 6 17:03:18 PDT 2018

What drew my interest to radio is all the digital modes and networking
stuff and I do hope to get into it someday.
There definitely is a lot of cross-over of Linux / open source and amateur
radio probably because they both draw the DIY, hacking, experimenter types,
although it is surprising to me that Linux isn't the dominant OS for hams
(its not).  That's probably because many hams are into other aspects of the
hobby (the social / chat / contesting / preparedness aspects) and aren't
necessarily interested in computers.

So far I only have a little analog handheld while I investigate and learn
and have been checking into local nets from time to time.

K3LTC, Nate

73!

--
iN8sWoRLd