[Lilug] Hosting Large Number of Domains

Paul Trapani paul at pjtconsult.com
Mon Jul 15 07:22:26 PDT 2019

Does anyone have experience hosting a large number of domains using Plesk?

I've gone through documentation and in some instances they say there are no
limits on amount of sites you can host on a server (low traffic/low usage),
given that the server has the proper ram and disk space. In other instances
there seem to be issues using Nginx once you get to a larger amount of
domains (over 500). It is configurable by changing the amount of open files
allowed, but I'm loooking for advice on what's practical/advisable using
Plesk (happens to be on CentOS) or for that matter general advice on number
of sites per Nginx server.

Thanks,

-Paul Trapani