[Lilug] LILUG next week. Call for lightning talks. Bring laptops with broken Linux.

odinson at warcloud.net odinson at warcloud.net
Wed May 8 14:50:13 PDT 2019

Hi All

 	Next meeting is in about a week, 5/14.  Love to see you there.

 	First we have a couple lightning talks lined up for next meeting.
Love to have more.  Looking for volunteers.  Lighting talks should
average about 5 minutes.  It can be as simple as, 'Look what I found'

 	Also I'd like to try something new.  How about folks bring their
troublesome laptops by.  We'll plug them into the big screen and everyone
can pitch in to try and install Linux or fix it their troubles together.

 	I suspect there are a few lurkers that are worried about their
basic skills, and this is a chance to beef them up!

 	Let's hear what you think!  To simple to bother, or can you help
crowdsource diagnosis on some stubborn computers?  Prizes for problem
solvers?

Matthew Newhall, M.A.Newhall at warcloud.net
A.S. in Computer Science, SUNY Farmingdale
My weekly podcast, The Technocrat Live.  http://www.thetechnocratlive.com
President and founder of LILUG;  president at lilug.org, http://www.lilug.org
My theory; Psychopaths precede the conscience, http://civgene.matthewnewhall.com
Scifi book; "Thicker Than Blood"  http://www.thickerthanbloodthebook.com
My maker blog; "The modness", http://themodness.wordpress.com
When the whole tribe is chiefs, the Indian calls the shots.