[Lilug] Chromebook

Orrin Edwards lilug at orrin.fastmail.net
Mon May 18 18:15:25 PDT 2020

I was wondering if any of you use (or have used) a ChromeBook?

My current hardware is very old and runs an old version of SuSE but
also runs a reasonably current version of Puppy Linux with a Slimjet browser.

I realize that ChromeBook's need the internet to operate properly and local storage
is limited. I was wondering about security. Is it safe to use it for on-line banking?

-------
It's been a long time since I left Long Island, and I thank this list for the occasional
tid-bit of Linux related information.