[Lilug Planning] Fwd: Idea I'm thinking about for a lilug or liphp meeting: photoshop/gimp/inkscape/paint.net talk

Matt Surico surico at buoy.com
Sun Sep 27 07:14:42 PDT 2009

Hi all

FYI, I've got proficiency in Inkscape, and it's been quite a while since
I've given a talk at LILUG, so I probably should volunteer my services :-).

I had thought a while ago about giving a talk on "Open Source Desktop
Publishing" and had thought about Inkscape and Scribus....

I could be a part of this talk at LILUG and present on those two
technologies (and I use the GIMP as well and could speak on that too).

My angle would be to show some artwork that had been done using those
tools and then show some of the techniques that helps one arrive there.

Cheers
Matt S