[Lilug Planning] Fwd: Idea I'm thinking about for a lilug or liphp meeting: photoshop/gimp/inkscape/paint.net talk

Matt Surico surico at buoy.com
Mon Sep 28 07:19:45 PDT 2009

Justin Dearing wrote:
> That would definitely be a good talk. I'll be sure to promote it at
> LIPHP. Randy Lewis will talk about Photoshop for web programmers in
> December at LIPHP so December will be the month of graphics.
>
> Justin

OK, great, so I guess that settles it :-)  Dec @ LILUG will be "Open
Source Desktop Publishing" and I'll cover Scribus, the GIMP and
Inkscape.  There are many tools and techniques which are similar in the
GIMP and Inkscape, so that will save some time in the talk.

I'll create some printed matter ahead of time in Scribus which contains
a bunch of layout and graphics (chosen to demonstrate specific
techniques), then show how I created them.

Cheers,
Matt S