[Lilug Planning] LILUG history

dotCOMmie (Ilya S.) lilug at dotcommie.net
Tue Jun 29 19:32:11 PDT 2010

On 06/29/2010 10:01 PM, Matt Surico wrote:
> dotCOMmie (Ilya S.) wrote:
>> The LILUG website says LILUG was formed in Dec 1998 while the
>> wikipedia page says its Dec 1997? Anyone know which is the correct date?
>>

> The first LILUG meeting was definitely 2 Dec 1998. Not sure why
> Wikipedia says Dec '97. Can you track down who did that edit in
> Wikipedia? It should be changed (I have copies of the original
> correspondence when the group was formed, so I'm sure it's 12/98 :-))

Thanks Matt. I've updated wikipedia. The 1997 date appears to be a left over
from article creation, probably just a typo (lets not point fingers). I just
wanted to set the date straight so that NYLUG would not be able to steal the
title of "oldest Linux User Group in the greater New York Area" [1] d:

BTW I updated the treasurer name on LILUG website to reflect changes as of last
election. Also, I am wondering if we should remove the section "Currently
Appointed Officers" from the about page[2]?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:NYLUG
[2] http://lilug.org/wiki/About

--
dotCOMmie