[Lilug Planning] Dec 13th meeting topic(s)

quarsaw _ quarsaw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:32:36 PST 2011

Matt beat me with his reply but I will chime in anyway at the risk of
duplicating information.

The format is that nominations are made at November's meeting (open to
anyone who is interested) and then the actual elections are held in
December.

I do agree that we could do a better job at reminding and announcing things
like this using the lists and the site instead of just at meetings.

I also agree that having candidates submit a short statement or abstract
seems reasonable.

As to this notice going on the planning list, I don't feel too strongly one
way or the other. Certainly there are more people on the planning list than
just the officers but it it also clearly a subset of the main list.

As to the general topic of communication: I agree wholeheartedly that we
need more of it; both from government about what is going on and from
members who have suggestions and feedback.

-Mike