[Lilug Planning] April's Talk

Matt Surico surico at mail.buoy.com
Mon Mar 19 08:23:44 PDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 11:08 AM, Mike Costanzo wrote:
> Hi Planners,
>
> I'm forwarding an inquiry I've received to give a talk next month.
> Tom Limoncelli expressed interest in last month's virtualization talk,
> but was unable to attend.
> He's offering up his time to talk about the Ganeti project that he is
> involved in: http://code.google.com/p/ganeti/
> I think this would make a nice follow up to last month's talk.
> Matt S. You expressed flexibility for the dates of your two-parter right?
> Let me know what you guys think!

Sounds cool, Mike!  It would be awesome if we could also get someone
(doesn't have to be Ilya) to do at least a very quick overview of Xen at
the same meeting.  Would like to be sure everyone (myself included!)
understands where VMWare, KVM, libvirt, Ganeti and Xen all fit in the
"virtualization equation".  Would also be helpful to compare and
contrast to VirtualBox.

Yes, I'm flexible on dates for my talk (just whatever date is picked for
the first half of my talk series, that I can follow it up the very next
month).  Wasn't looking to do it in April anyway; was looking more at
May+June.

Good stuff everyone!

Matt S