[Lilug Planning] Topic for next week's meeting 6/11?

Matt Surico surico at mail.buoy.com
Tue Jun 4 10:13:50 PDT 2013

On 06/04/2013 12:44 PM, odinson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm OK with that.  Sounds really interesting.  What say other
> folks here?

Yes,. that's cool by me too!

One topic that I was thinking of presenting (it's longer than a
lightning talk but shorter than a main meeting topic) is GnuPlot.
I've had to do some custom stuff to setup monitoring of custom
processes on servers at work and I decided to marry some shell/perl
scripts with GnuPlot.

Although it's a bit sysadmin-ish, it could help show the basic *nix
principle of building soemthing from a lot of small building blocks,
plus show how GnuPlot works for those that have never tried it.

Hopefully not too elementary for most of the group.

I will hold onto that topic for month where we need some filler if you
guys think that would be an ok thing to present.

For June, I like Jorg's idea!

Cheers,
Matt S.

Matthew Newhall, M.A.Newhall at warcloud.net