[Lilug Planning] LILUG general meeting topic for April

Tom Rothamel tom at rothamel.us
Wed Apr 2 06:46:36 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Matt Surico <surico at mail.buoy.com> wrote:

> Hi gang
>
> Tom - are you still planning on doing a talk next Tuesday the 8th?  I
> have forgotten the topic you were planning on speaking about.

Yes. I wanted to do a talk on docker, but I'm not sure how up to speed I'll
be on docker specifically during the meeting time. So right now it's
looking to be a talk on "Linux Containers and Docker", with as much focus
on the low-level technology as the high-level tool.

I'll write a short abstract when I have one.

> If it's still ok to get about 30 minutes of time, I can do the demo
> portion of my libvirt/KVM talk.  I've actually gone and installed
> OpenSUSE and have gotten a demo setup on my laptop.  I've also tested
> the external monitor connection with the LILUG projector and it's
> operating, so we should have much less technical difficulty when I
> present this time around!

That would be good. I think it will be nice to compare virtual machines
with containers. Would it be possible for me to get the slides from last
month, so I can compare against them?