[Lilug Planning] [matnew 83875513] DreamHost Security Alert - Site Compromised (fwd)

Matt Surico surico at mail.buoy.com
Sat Jan 18 09:59:44 PST 2014

On 12/31/2013 06:20 PM, odinson wrote:
> Hi Matt
>
> Thanks!  I know how thankless patching can be!!  :)

Hi Matt N/all

Here is an update on the patching for lilug.org.

I found that the most recent version of mediawiki was actually 1.22.x.
I looked at the requirements, and found DreamHost met them all except
for PHP5 (needs to be PHP 5.3).  As it turns out, DreamHost gives us
the opportunity to easily migrate from 5.2 to 5.3.

So I did that PHP update for the dev site, then I did the upgrade from
1.19.6 -> 1.22.1.  That worked fine.  Let that run for several days.
No issues.

I have just upgraded lilug.org ("production") to PHP 5.3 and mediawiki
1.22.1.  All seems fine there too.

I think we're good for a while :-)

Cheers,
Matt S.

Matthew Newhall, M.A.Newhall at warcloud.net A.S. in Computer

- ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013

/home/lilug/www.lilug.org/w-v1.12/images/.inc.php

We have disabled the page(s) in question (via adjusting