[Lilug Planning] Sorry I couldn't make it.

Matt Surico surico at mail.buoy.com
Wed Mar 12 10:58:41 PDT 2014

On 03/12/2014 11:56 AM, odinson wrote:
> Hey
>
> How did it go last night?  Sucks I couldn't make it.

Hey Matt N - we definitely missed you last night!

Had a technical glitch (one of the rare times that Linux doesn't play
nice) - I couldn't show my demo off my laptop because I was using
CentOS 6.4 and apparently my laptop's video display wasn't recognized
by the projection system.

The entire demo was on an external USB storage drive, bootable, so we
tried plugged it into Tom's laptop (NG, kernel panic) and then into
Chris' laptop (NG, some other issue).

So I ended up just showing my slideset and talking about libvirt/KVM
and virtualization.

Tom was nice enough to offer a little time slice out of his own
presentation time next month for me to show some of the demo.  I am
moving the VMs over to an install of same on the Ubuntu side of my
laptop (on the internal hard drive) and my laptop operating that way
definitely is compatible with the projector.

The "downtime" while I was trying to sort this gave the members who
were present some extended time to do some "bonding" :-)

> Thanks for picking up the bag!

Yes, thanks again Chris!

See you guys soon,
Matt S