[Lilug-dev-sig] Dev-Sig Meeting Thursday 11/18 - MongoDB, etc.

Bob Bennett benro at optonline.net
Thu Nov 19 08:31:36 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Mark Drago <markdrago at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There will be a Lilug Dev-Sig meeting Thursday, November 18th, at 8pm
> at the Panera Bread in East Northport.  Directions are available on
> the Lilug wiki [0].
>
> I think it'd be fun to continue the discussion that started at the
> general Lilug meeting about MongoDB [1] and other document-oriented /
> alternative database systems.  I've done a bit of reading about
> MongoDB, CouchDB, etc. and I think it'll make for a good discussion at
> dev-sig.
>
> On a side note, I'll be flying in from out of town before the meeting
> on Thursday, but I will almost certainly be back before the meeting.
> It's practically guaranteed that I'll be back, but if there is some
> freak hurricane that appears out of nowhere in the next 12 hours or
> something, I may be late.  :o)

Wouldn't it be ironic if you missed the dev-sig meeting because your flight
was delayed by an FAA computer bug?

<http://t.newsdaymail.com/a/10677/b/31567/c/110763/d/6/e/6/u/545221345>  FAA
computer glitch fixed but 'residual delays'
expected<http://t.newsdaymail.com/a/10677/b/31567/c/110763/d/6/e/7/u/545221345>
 Flight
plan computer system that failed has been fixed, but major East Coast delays
won't end for hours.

--
Bob Bennett (AKA Bobanero)
90.1 FM WUSB Stony Brook NY - http://wusb.fm