[Lilug-dev-sig] Locating the group once at panera

robwilkens at gmail.com robwilkens at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 06:50:34 PST 2010

I’m wondering, if my primary use of Linux is on an android phone (I had an install of linux on my laptop but it’s not booting at the moment and needs I presume a reinstall...) am I considered a linux user...

And if I just started experimenting with writing apps for the android platform (I started on a tetris game yesterday and am almost done with the core functionality, it’s just a matter of trudging thru the rest), and that development is done in Java, am I considered an open source OS application developer?

If the answer is yes, I’d like to come to the meeting thursday, and maybe even tonight’s main LILUG meeting, if I can find time and find them.

Thursday night more particularly because as luck would have it I’m home alone that night (my parents have a christmas party in the city) so I might as well get out of the house..  I honestly don’t have much planned for tonight either other than maybe watching the biggest loser finale, but that’ll be on io’s free NBC Prime Time on Demand service the next day if I really want to see it and I’m disabled/don’t work-for-a-living.

The only concern, or main concern, is that the meeting is at a Panera and I’m not sure I’ll recognize any of the people at the meeting as I haven’t gone to one of these in about 2 years...  Back then they were at some office conference room.  Will I recognize any of the old faces there, and if not when I get to Panera, how will I know I’m at the right place?

Rob