[Lilug-dev-sig] Ruby

Rob Wilkens robwilkens at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:57:00 PST 2011

I just picked up the book learning ruby, ok technically i'm reading it
on safari and it's included with my acm membership...

Very impressed after just reading and experimenting with part of the
first chapter..

Is this generally considered a unix/linux technology?  I remember
hearing talk about it at a LI dot net users group meeting a number of
years ago which leads me to believe not.

Are there fans of ruby here, want to share opinions on the language?
I'm curious to hear what others who actually use it think.

Thanks in advance,
Rob