[Lilug-dev-sig] [ANN] LILUG Android Application Development Hangout -- Wednesday, October 17th @ 21:00 ET

Robert Wilkens robwilkens at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 07:38:16 PDT 2012

Curious, what version of Android are you targeting?

-I've done Android 2.1 development for a sample app about a year or two ago, but i only did one app and never finished it.  Got only a little past the hello, world part before i lost interest (I had the beginnings of a tetris clone, before i remembered i can't really distribute it due to things like copyright on the original, so gave it up).  However, I still have a 2.3 phone in the family and might want to be able to target apps to be compatible there.

-I have an Android 4.0 phone, but if you're targeting 4.1 or later (if there is later) this would be less useful for me, though i'm sure the development tools are more advanced for the later operating systems.

I have Linux on my PC, but my primary environment now is Mac, it does have a camera and microphone (i think) but i've never tried connecting via video with it to anyone, it's about 2 weeks old.  I've already installed Eclipse/ADT/Android SDK.  I did that a week ago, but never got back to it.

-Rob