[Lilug] on-the-fly syntax highlighter?

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Mon Feb 2 03:46:21 PST 2009

I am looking for something I thought would be very easy to find, but
apparently is not.

For Andromeda's online docs, I'd like to have an on-the-fly syntax
highlighter, preferably one that allows me to define my own language files.

I looked at Geshi, but it is a keyword highlighter, not a lexical
parser.  This means it cannot do even the most basic examples of mixed
HTML and PHP (such as when you have <?php ?> blocks going in and out of
PHP/HTML.

I did all of the most recent pages by manually using jEdit's text->html
plugin, which is time-consuming.  I'm hoping not to have to do that.
I'd prefer to just snatch the <pre> blocks, hand them to a highlighter,
and get back the colorized text.

Anybody know of anything?

--
Kenneth Downs