[Lilug] Quick question about find tar, and netcat

~ ~ hydratek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:22:41 PST 2009

I'm attempting to salvage some media files from a laptop that had windows
running on it. I've booted a livecd an I've connected another laptop to dump
to via firewire (works pretty awesome with eth1394) so I'm  using netcat for
speed (over 10gb of media) . I want to do something along the lines of:
find . -name \*.mp3 -exec tar cfv - '{}' | netcat hostip 1234
receiving machine is doing :
netcat -l -p 1234 > Mp3.tar
but it's not working, mainly I think because I'm attempting to just create
with one file as oppossed to append them to the archive. so I've tried tar
with -r or -A but still no dice. What am I doing wrong here?
-kupo