[Lilug] Multi-Site Suggestions

Michael Lee mlee456 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:12:29 PST 2009

Thank you Justin, Thank you Wes,
Just the kind of input I'm looking for.  I didn't know about jabber, Haven't
really used WebDAV either, just heard about it.

If WebDAV is used for file shares, then the traffic at each location is not
really about transferring large amounts of private profile data, but
transferring imap client settings for mail and mapping webDAV directories
and printers.

I did some quick web searches for WebDAV and jabber.  I'm already feeling
better about this gargantuan task.

Sorry to be lazy, but... can multiple instances of WebDAV can be hosted with
different authentication and directories,  I figure users will need
individual shares as well as group shares.  Everything I've seen thus far
shows how to setup a single WebDAV instance.

BTW regarding jabber blackberry clients,  most of the 'management' are using
iPhones now so I'm sure there is some client that will work with jabber.

TIA
--mike