[Lilug] Recommend nvidia card

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at ncc.edu
Mon Feb 9 06:49:27 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Chris Knadle <Chris.Knadle at coredump.us>wrote:

> A lot of
> people enjoy playing with Compiz Fusion because the effects are pretty,
> but I likewise tried it, played with it, and found it wasn't for me --
> tended needlessly distract me more than help me.

The one thing I will say in Compiz' defense (not that I use it on my Mac :)
is that it's a really easy way to get college students interested in running
Linux on their laptops.  I've seen it happen for three semesters now --
someone shows up to class, spins the cube to switch desktops, a window
"poof"s away, and 5 people start asking me "How do *I* get Linux?"
-c