[Lilug] Recommend nvidia card

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Mon Feb 9 07:51:27 PST 2009

Peter Capazzi wrote:
> Assuming full effects are on... Would battery life benefit from intel
> over nvidia? I bought a dell 1330 with nvidia (amd love it) but also
> wondered if Having Intel graphics card and a 5500 intel cpu instead of
> 7500 would give noticable increase in battery life

well I'm actually switching back to desktop box for daily development,
and hence the post, because I have to put a 2nd card into the box, or a
dual-head card.

But w/respect to battery life, speaking from many plane trips, the
backlight seems to be the #1 killer.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.