[Lilug] Dual Head question

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:27:41 PST 2009

Ken,
Performance wise I think gettign a dual head is best for games. Not sure the
performance implications to eye candy WM junk. However, I've gotten dual
monitor support working on seperate video cards in linux and solaris. I
mention solaris because I had to manually edit my xconfig tool myself. I
dont remember if xrandr was involved in either case, but on linux (few years
back not sure of distro) things "just worked"

If you want to experiment, I have a dual head 64meg pci video card I could
let you borrow at liphp and you can experiemnt with dual and triple head
setups.