[Lilug] SheevaPlug

Jonathan Dahan jedahan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:19:31 PST 2009

I think the thin client idea was meant for things like:

   - znc, an irc bouncer over ssl
   - ctorrent + torrentflux, remote seedbox
   - xmms2 / mpdx, remote media server
   - icecast, streaming radio
   - ssh-fs should take care of safe file sharing so no daemon needed for
   that

Already commercial products:

   - http://www.pogoplug.com/ - file server
   - http://www.ctera.com/home/ - file server with automatic offsite backup
   subscription
   - http://www.axentra.com/en/ - streaming media server
   - http://www.eyecontechnologies.com/ - usb webcam server

If you want hardware sensor support you can always hookup an arduino and
send commands / monitor live over the usb connection. A little scripting if
you want nice http viewable output.

It would be cool if this could be used to send X10 commands for home
automation without any additional hardware, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X10_(industry_standard) .

- Jonathan