[Lilug] Results of By-Laws Amendment Vote

Matt Surico surico at buoy.com
Wed Jun 9 06:24:36 PDT 2010

Hi everyone

For those that were not able to make the meeting last night, LILUG
government wanted to post to the list to let you know that the
modification to our by-laws concerning the definition of membership
passed last night by a vote of 20-0.  Thanks to all who were present and
voted.

We'll be filing our Form 1023 application to become a recognized 501(c)3
organization to the IRS within the next couple of weeks and will let you
know when we hear something (as mentioned last night, it takes about a
month or so for them to make a determination on tax exemption).

Thanks also to Mark for a cool introduction into what the Butter
Filesystem (BtrFS) is all about at the meeting last night.

Cheers,
Matt S.
LILUG Secretary