[Lilug] Lilug Meeting Tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/8) @ 8pm - BtrFS

Mark Drago markdrago at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 14:57:58 PDT 2010

Hello,

The next general Lilug meeting is tomorrow (Tuesday, June 8th) at 8pm
at Farmingdale State College in Whitman Hall.  I'll be giving a
presentation about BtrFS "Butter FS" and why it's most likely going to
be the default filesystem for many distributions.  I'll go over the
history of BtrFS, what makes it different from other filesystems, and
I'll be showing how to use the btrfs tools to get the filesystem to do
what you want.

We'll also be holding a vote to amend the LILUG constitution.  LILUG
is very close to being able to file IRS Form 1023, which is an
application for tax-exempt status under IRS Section 501(c)3. We need
to change the wording in our group's by-laws to more accurately state
the definition of what a LILUG member actually is. To do this change,
we need to take a vote on it, which we'll be doing at this meeting.
Details about the vote are available here:
http://lilug.org/wiki/LILUG_Amendment_To_Membership_Article_in_By-Laws_June_8_2010
.

As always, free coffee, donuts, iced tea, etc. will be available.

See you there,
Mark Drago
Vice-President of LILUG