[Lilug] Interesting blog on Linux and SSD TRIM

odinson odinson at warcloud.net
Mon Jul 6 13:41:57 PDT 2015

Hey

 	This is fairly endemic.  Thanks for the tip.

 	Been thinking if you run into these drives I would disable
them entirely, not just shut off TRIM.  I realized that the flood of bad
drives may be a different problem than the smattering of TRIM problems.
It may be the drives burning out from pounding on the same blocks with
the disk algorithm.

 	Not tested, but something to think about.  Play it safe.

Matt

Matthew Newhall, M.A.Newhall at warcloud.net
A.S. in Computer Science, SUNY Farmingdale
President and founder of LILUG;  president at lilug.org, http://www.lilug.org
My theory; Psychopaths precede the conscience, http://civgene.matthewnewhall.com
My maker blog; "The modness", http://themodness.wordpress.com
Scifi book; "Thicker Than Blood"  http://www.thickerthanbloodthebook.com
Giselle's husband, Sebastian and Maxximus's father.
http://www.warcloud.net/~odinson/us/
Federalization(v) fed er·al·i·za tion
- Maximizing the destructive scope of bad policy. Redirection of funds from
successful regions for political gain; see: Fleece