[Lilug] Next general meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) 7/12

Matt Surico surico at buoy.com
Mon Jul 11 11:49:14 PDT 2016

Hello everyone

Our next LILUG general meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday 12 July.

This month's topic is on Inkscape, a leading OpenSource vector graphics
editing program.  The talk will be given by yours truly!

I will give a brief explanation of what Inkscape is used for and its
history, but the bulk of the talk will be an extensive live demo,
showing many of the features of the tool. Special emphasis will be given
to showing ways to work efficiently by learning short cuts and certain
standard techniques.

Have you never used Inkscape but wanted to?  Have you tried and gave it
up after 5 minutes?  Are you a seasoned graphics designer, or perhaps
already using Inkscape and looking to get deeper into it?  I'm hopeful
that everyone can learn a little something from this talk.

As always, we've got free coffee, free juice, free donuts and free software.

LILUG meets at the Woodbury campus of CSHL at 8pm.  Please be there by
8:30 or the gate may close.   You can get more info on our website,
http://lilug.org.

See you there!

Cheers,
Matt S.