[Lilug-si-sig] Kyle Kingsbury's talk from Craft Conference 2015

Jeff Goldschrafe jeff at holyhandgrenade.org
Mon Apr 27 17:55:55 PDT 2015

During my distributed filesystems talk, I touched very briefly on the CAP theorem and different failure models in networked distributed systems. Kyle Kingsbury (@aphyr on Twitter, for those who might know him that way) is known for his very extensive study and simulation of database consistency issues. He gave a really excellent talk at Craft Conference in Budapest last week on some interesting failure modes of distributed databases, and how to test for them. While the talk focuses on databases, not filesystems, the same principles apply. Everyone considering implementing any kind of distributed filesystem (or any kind of replicated database, honestly) in their organization should watch this!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/61443262
--
Jeff Goldschrafe