[Lilug-si-sig] SISIG tonight, network monitoring

John Zabroski johnzabroski at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 15:10:41 PST 2018

Hi guys,
I miss you all. Still up here in Bostin, but I am interested in security again. Notably, some crazy stuff is going down:
* Chinese security researchers showing how to use mencache to generate 2TB/sec from a "family office"* The general mechanization of security attacks. Especially on mobile phones with attacks like TOASTAMIGO.* My general Spidey sense tingling me and telling me this is going to be a VERY BAD year for vulnerabilities. People keep wondering if Trump or China or Bitcoin or some shady corporation will cause the next economic meltdown. I'm most concerned about massive wire fraud the likes we have never seen. Newtonian calculus could in theory catch some of it, in the same way it can be used for ingres / infiltration atttacks, but who is doing that broadly enough to protect the general population? Serious question, anyone know?
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 3:33 PM, odinson<odinson at warcloud.net> wrote:   Hi

     Tonight is the monthly SISIG meeting!  8pm at Panera bread at Walt
Whitman.  Topic is network monitoring.

See you there

Matthew Newhall, M.A.Newhall at warcloud.net
A.S. in Computer Science, SUNY Farmingdale
President and founder of LILUG;  president at lilug.org, http://www.lilug.org
My theory; Psychopaths precede the conscience, http://civgene.matthewnewhall.com
My maker blog; "The modness", http://themodness.wordpress.com
Scifi book; "Thicker Than Blood"  http://www.thickerthanbloodthebook.com
Giselle's husband, Sebastian and Maxximus's father.
http://www.warcloud.net/~odinson/us/
WARNING:  Humans having sex.  Strong opinion required.