[Lilug Planning] running a user group pdf

Ilya Sukhanov ilya at sukhanov.net
Thu Aug 28 07:51:41 PDT 2008

Mark Drago wrote:
> I was sent a link to this PDF from the O'Reilly User Group program.
> It has some pretty interesting ideas about running a user group.
>
> http://www.baconandtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ug-printed-material-v2.pdf

Its neat I like the BAD Meeting guidelines -- not that it applies to LILUG but
nice to see how people run other orgs.

BTW, lightning talks. We should have a lightning talk session at LILUG, I feel
its a good way to get to know what other people are interested in. We are a big
group and there are people you might not have had the chance to talk to. In fact
maybe 2 lightning talks before our main topic would be a good way to go about
it, and not break the schedule.