[Lilug Planning] access lilug videos from lilug.org

Ilya Sukhanov ilya at sukhanov.net
Wed Jan 21 14:37:31 PST 2009

Mark Drago wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So, the videos that we have online at archive.org are absolutely
> amazing.  They're a wonderful contribution to the linux world and a
> great way to preserve the fleeting existence of a lilug meeting.  But
> I'm worried that they can be difficult to find.

If you search for LILUG you should see all of them. But I guess the results are
getting crowded.

>  I would like to add a
> link to them from the lilug website.  But ideally I'd like them all to
> be listed out on a page in the lilug wiki.  So, you could browse the
> entire collection of lilug videos on the lilug wiki.

Some of the videos are linked from the appropriate Meeting pages.

>  This way
> everyone would know where to find them (lilug.org/videos for example)
> and it would make our site much more useful.  It would be even better
> if we had the embed link on the page and the videos could be watched
> right there on the lilug wiki.

I've looked into this possibility but wikimedia does not support the embed tag
natively. Last I checked there were plugins/patches  which enabled support for
some type of embed objects or sources. For some reason it would not work with
archive.org.

Not sure if everyone's aware but archive.org does allow you to embed media
published through them in other sites.

It'd be a nice wikimedia hack for a devsig!