[Lilug Planning] Is their an April topic?

Mark Drago markdrago at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 06:46:55 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 23:59, Ilya Sukhanov <ilya at sukhanov.net> wrote:
> I did a 30 min intro to the n900 last month I feel like expanding it would
> be like hogging  time.

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if it's hogging time if
there's no one else waiting to give a talk.  Anyone else have ideas
for a talk?  We could do minitalks of course.

Justin, do you plan on coming tonight?  Do you think you could talk
for a few minutes about your SVG animation stuff as a minitalk?  I
wouldn't worry about running linux on your mac during the demo or
anything.

We need to come up with a better plan for planning talks.  Either
that, or come up with a plan for changing the format generally.  I
feel like we're always under-prepared and rushed and then we end up
with minitalks or something.  The minitalk nights always seem to work
out well though.  If we just have a shortage of speakers and ideas for
talks we should reach out to other groups or something.  If we have
ideas for talks but no one to give them we should collect the ideas
and see if anyone is willing to research them to give a talk on them.
Anyone else have other ideas about how to improve the situation?

Maybe we should bring this up at the general meeting tonight?

I'll send out an email announcing the meeting shortly.  I'll announce
it as a random minitalk night unless someone lets me know of an idea
before noon-ish today.

Mark.